A place for everything that is close to my heart....from ramblings of an idle mind to something inspirational to fun and humor.....self-written and sourced....

Monday, August 6, 2007

Monday blues

Mondays are meant for feeling blue,
So do people say,
Much has been said about this day,
But I have felt like that
Only on very few a Monday;

However, today is different,
I am just back from a holiday,
Poor me is back in a confined space
After a week of freedom,
Back to the usual routine
After a 7-day vacation,
Back to my home
From the land of Chennai.

Back amidst familiar faces
Back amidst known voices,
Back after laughs and hugs and tears
Chitchat and gossip,
And roller coasters of emotions;

There is a load of work to do,
But my mind wanders,
I yearn for the lost freedom,
I wish I could have filled in
More enjoyment into these few days;

I wish to go back
And do all the things I didn’t,
I missed out on a lot of things,
Visits to relatives’,
The usual visit to the beach,
The shopping spree
And the dining out in glee,
The long hours of sleep and rest,
The books I meant to read,
The movies I meant to see,
All the things I had planned to,
But didn’t do
Due to constraints like time and health.

I am just back from a trip
And my heart longs for another,
But I know I cannot do that,
That makes this Monday bluer than ever,
Hence this poem I write
To let out my pain,
On my dear blog
I let my grief be etched.

:-((

12 comments:

Sathej said...

Really,no place like Chennai if you are from here:) And you seemed to have missed out on a lot of things.
All Mondays are blue for me though!
Sathej

Gopi Sundharam said...

Nice one. Even after staying in my home town (Coimbatore) for 5 weeks recently, I wish I can stay there more.. :(

Nithya said...

Mr Monday never lets anybody live in peace, does he ?? :|

Priya Iyer said...

@sathej,

:-) ya, its a good place for a vacation...and, yes, i missed out on a lot of things..:-( mondays are meant to feel blue, i guess...:-)

@gopi,

welcome again! :-)he he, it happens! :-)

@niths,

mr.monday has not disturbed me too much till now. but now looks like times are changing...:-(

Ryan said...

this poem sounded hobbitty!!!

Priya Iyer said...

sharan,

???????

Priya Iyer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vinod Ramamoorthy said...

The journey home is never too long... And the journey back never seems to end ... Sigh ! ... Great work of art .. :)

Priya Iyer said...

@vinod

hey, how did u find this blog? its been ages since someone left a comment on this blog, since the shift to wordpress.

btw, it was the other way round. gujjuland is home for me and i was on a pleasure trip to chennai at that time. :) but sure missed out on a lot of things. :( wish i could go back and do them...

reading the poem again, yes, it does look like a kiddos work of art! :)

Pinku said...

hey thats as cute as its heart touching....very well written...

Entertainer said...

mmm....good one

Unknown said...

Nice Mondays