A place for everything that is close to my heart....from ramblings of an idle mind to something inspirational to fun and humor.....self-written and sourced....

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Connecting with myself

My mind full of questions,
My world full of chaos,
Whom do I turn to?
What do I ask?

Then I recall
‘All lies within me',
And I turn to myself
To guide me on the right path.

I drop away from my surroundings
Am surrounded by peace,
I listen to what my soul has to say
And connect with a power higher than me.

I am lost to the world,
Nothing, nobody now exists,
I can hear
Only my inner voice.

Some quiet time passes by
I mull over what I want,
What troubles me?
What will make me happy?

Slowly, one by one,
All answers come to me,
My mind is now less clouded,
The path I need to walk much clearer…

3 comments:

Sathej said...

Great philosophy.Everything is within you.If only we all could learn how to drop away from surroundings,not be influenced by anything but ourselves!
Sathej

Nithya said...

:O Alchemist influence :O :O :O

Priya Iyer said...

sathej and niths,

i have realised this many times in life...when i was confused, when i didn't know what to do, my inner voice always showed me the right way! then i read the same thing in alchemist, and decided i would put it down on my blog as a reference for the future! :-)