A place for everything that is close to my heart....from ramblings of an idle mind to something inspirational to fun and humor.....self-written and sourced....

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Realisations

My arms feel heavy,
My legs feel leaden,
My eyes feel weary,
My heart feels wooden,
There is an emptiness
Where there should be happiness,
I feel unfulfilled
In the midst of plenty;

I look around me
And find
I have been carrying
The carcass of my dreams
For too long,
I have not mourned
The death of my hopes
For too long,
I have been existing
Without living
For too long,
I have not allowed my eyes
To cleanse my heart
For too long....

5 comments:

Sathej said...

Mourning the death of my hopes - that was touching!
A nice verse
Sathej

Nithya said...

Ah ! so this was the Coelho post that u were talkin abt :) good one there :)

Priya Iyer said...

@sathej,

thanks! :-)

@niths,

thank you madam! :-) nope, this is not the coelho post i was talking about! this is something totally different...that is yet to come..(hopefully, that is!)

Ryan said...

super theme!!!

kalakku

Priya Iyer said...

@sharan,

thanks! :-)