A place for everything that is close to my heart....from ramblings of an idle mind to something inspirational to fun and humor.....self-written and sourced....

Sunday, May 27, 2007

50 and going strong:-)


Yay! My 50th post!


Well, what does one write on her/his 50th post? I am at a loss for words, so I thought I would write the story of how I started with this blog.


Reading and writing for me is something special, something that I would not give up for anything. It is an essential part of me.


I have been reading and writing since I was a kid. I don't even know how old I was when I wrote my first poem. We have a huge library just opposite to our house, where I used to go as a kid. I used to spend hours at the library till the staff was sick of me. They knew me by name and still recognise me though I have stopped going there now.


I used to simply love reading and I still do. The number of Enid Blytons, Bobbsey Twins, Nancy Drews, Secret Sevens, Famous Fives, fables and folk stories that I read as a child are uncountable. Then gradually, as studies took precedence, my reading habits dwindled, but thankfully, my love for reading has not changed. Now I have again started reading more on different subjects and, hopefully, will continue to do so.:-)


As a child, I remember writing stories and small child-like poems. I used to contribute to some children's magazines. Those days were sure fun!:-) Unfortunately, I have very few of those treasures left with me now. I was very curious and highly imaginative in my childhood. It was a tough time for my mom to put up with me.:-) Then, in course of time, like my visits to the library, the frequency of my writing also dropped. However, I never did leave the habit completely and kept penning down something or the other every now and then. Now, again, I have started writing at full blast.:-)


I don't know how I started writing. Maybe the facts that I am an only child and that am highly emotional and curious by nature has got to do with it. Whatever, I am really happy that I developed this habit. I find writing to be highly therapeutic. Writing takes me to a different world altogether. However sad or frustrated I may be, when I put my pen to paper, I change. When I finish writing, I am a different person altogether. I don't know how I write, but I still love it.


As I walked down the path of life, I felt the need for a friend with whom I could share everything- my loneliness, my happiness, my sadness and my idle ramblings. Then I heard about blogging and felt that it was a great idea. That is how my dear blog was created. Today is my 50th post on this blog and I have loved every minute of it. It has been an amazing experience. Hope to continue this beautiful journey for a long time to come.:-)


Ending this post with a special note of thanks to all those who have been reading my inane blatherings and commenting. I will continue to torture you....:-)




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 50th post and wishes for the continuation.

Ryan said...

clap clap!!!
that was a quick 50!!
with nothing to say u ve said quite a lot!!!

gr8 goin!!
pat on the bak!!

Priya Iyer said...

badariji and sharan,

thanks a lot!:-)

Anonymous said...

That was quick! Wish you clock 100 at a faster speed.

Priya Iyer said...

brinda,

thanks da:-)