A place for everything that is close to my heart....from ramblings of an idle mind to something inspirational to fun and humor.....self-written and sourced....

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Reasons to rejoice.....

Dear God,

I am writing to thank you for the various gifts that you have so kindly showered upon me.

Thank you for the gift of life. Thank you for breathing life into me and giving me a chance to have this wonderful experience called life.

Thank you for giving me a wide world to make my mark in.

Thank you for the gift of womanhood. Thank you for giving me the chance to become a mother, which is the next best thing to your divine self.

Thank you for giving me a loving family to shelter me from the flames of hatred and trouble.

Thank you for giving me a home where I can come to at the end of a tiring day.

Thank you for giving me good teachers who taught me to read and educated me so that I could always get the best knowledge and differentiate between good and bad.

Thank you for giving me friends who guide and criticize me so that I can be a better human being. Thanks for the helping hands that are always there for me.

Thank you for giving me people who are not well-wishers who spur me on to do my best and prove myself.

Thank you for giving me my daily food and water so that I stay strong and healthy.

Thank you for giving me a mind which can think, feel, reason, learn and create.

Thank you for giving me four faithful slaves, my hands and feet, which can help me do anything in the world.

Thank you for giving the gifts of sight and hearing so that I can see and hear the good and the bad and realize how lucky I am.

Thank you for giving me a mouth that can smile and bring a smile to other people's faces. Thank you for the gift of speech through which I can influence and express.

Thank you for giving me opportunities to progress in life.

Thank you for giving me challenges that bring out the best in me and make me realise my true potential.

Thank you for making me a unique personality that distinguishes me from others.

Thank you for being present in me in the form of my conscience and constantly guiding me on the right path.

Thank you for the joys that you give me that make my life better.

Thank you for the sorrows that you give me that make me a stronger and more capable person.

Thank you for giving me a pure and sincere heart that wishes well for everyone and is not entangled in vices.

Thank you for giving me all that you have given me. Thank you for giving me so much to be grateful to.

3 comments:

Nithya said...

Dear God,
Thank you for making me read this post :) It infused the idea of indirectly thanking you by commenting in a blogger-friend's comment page.

And you are a mother Iyer ??????? :O :O :O :O :O Can't believe my eyes !! Sooper :) My first blogger friend who is a mother :) Cheers ! Sooper post btw loved it :)

Priya Iyer said...

nithya,

i loved the concept....i thought of writing it to remind me we have so much to be thankful for, to read at times when we feel like cribbing about something that did not work out well....

no dear, i yet haven't had the privilege of being a mom bestowed on me. i just thanked god for giving me a chance to be one by making me a woman...:-)

Nithya said...

oops..Sorry ...
Misconstrued that statement :D Or rather did not analyse that statement properly :| Now wen i look bak to read that statement i realize how stupid i have been :(