A place for everything that is close to my heart....from ramblings of an idle mind to something inspirational to fun and humor.....self-written and sourced....

Sunday, May 6, 2007

The taste of heaven


Ever wonder what a piece of heaven would taste like? I guess it would taste like a bowl of chilled ‘Aamras’. Add to it steaming hot pooris or phulka chappatis and you get a heavenly meal. ‘Hmmmm……..’ is all you can say when the thick, yellow liquid hits your tastebuds and goes down your throat. Nothing better to beat the May heat than chilled Aamras. No wonder mango is called the ‘fruit of the gods’.

A lazy Sunday morning, the aroma of aamras enchanting your senses, chappatis straight from the gas………..sheer bliss. And after finishing your lunch, the way your eyes wobble and you drift off into the land of dreams……….Suddenly life seems so perfect……….

6 comments:

Nithya said...

Iyer..now now now u r tempting me a little too much....I loooooooooooooooove Aamras..They r slurpalicious...I can't possibly comment more..Me going off to ask my mom to make some Aamras right away (Fingers Crossed...hope there are some mangoes in the fruit basket)

P.S : I am not much for Pooris/Chappathis with Aamras..i like to sip Aamras apdiye :D
'Heaven'ly pic :)

Nithya said...

*It is slurpalicious..

Look at wat the post has done to me :D

Priya Iyer said...

nithya,

thanks. I looooooooooove aamras too....:-)

Nithya said...

Was reading your previous posts..Amazing poems penned down by you :) Loved 'em

And that translation of Beedi Jalaile was too good :D I loooooooooooove the song..Nice Jhatka number that !!

Have you found your perfect Mr Mills and Boons :P ?

I love your blogs in short :)

Nithya said...

Oh yeah..I never knew ur cousin was called Iyer too :P

But u don't mind me calling u Iyer, do u ?? Now now don't ask me to call u by ur Hindi/Gujrati name :P

Priya Iyer said...

nithya,

thanks for the great comments.:-)You know, i love your blog posts too!

And, what's there in a name? It is the sentiments that count! :-)