A place for everything that is close to my heart....from ramblings of an idle mind to something inspirational to fun and humor.....self-written and sourced....

Monday, May 14, 2007

Touching moments....

This is something that I found in one of the magazines at office. I loved it instantly.

A little girl and her father were crossing a bridge. The father was kind of scared, so he asked his little daughter, “Sweetheart, please hold my hand so that you don’t fall into the river.” The little girl said, “No Dad. You hold my hand.” “What’s the difference?,” asked the puzzled father. “There’s a big difference,” replied the little girl. “If I hold your hand and something happens to me, chances are that I may let your hand go. But if you hold my hand, I know for sure that no matter what happens, you will never let my hand go…”

In any relationship, the essence is trust. So hold the hand of the person whom you love rather than expecting them to hold yours. This message is very short, but carries a lot of feelings…..

5 comments:

Nithya said...

Wow..Amazing :) I think I have come across this anecdote, previously...But feels good to read it again :)
In any relationship, the essence is definitely Trust. It is the basic foundation, on which the entire relationship stands on. if the very foundation is unstable, then the relationship will surely collapse..Beautiful :)

Priya Iyer said...

Nithya,

Thanks dear!:-) Yep, you are right. Trust is the basic foundation for the building of a good relationship.:-)

Priya Iyer said...

harish,

thanks for visiting. :-) do visit again!

Anonymous said...

Very much true. It also shows how much we trust our parents. Sometimes we tend to take our own decisions, but we know there is someone to bank on always.

Priya Iyer said...

brinda,

rightly said....